Broker Violet Killen is a Realtor® with over 30 years of experience in Arizona real estate. Through hard work, education and a commitment to serving people first, she quickly became a top producer and ultimately owner of Western Sun Properties. Her attention to detail and expectation for excellence in every aspect of her profession has earned her the most valuable reward in real estate – continual referrals from satisfied clients. Violet understands the lifetime value of a happy and satisfied client.
Originally from Cleveland, Ohio, Violet grew up in the Phoenix area. Before making her home in Prescott in 1978, she traveled extensively throughout the United States, but always found her way back home to Arizona. After graduating from Arizona State University, she taught learning-disabled children in junior high for several years before entering into real estate.
Violet is happily married to Ken Killen, a retired title insurance executive, and she has two accomplished children – a daughter who owns a PR/marketing firm and a son who is vice president of sales for a Silicon Valley corporation. Now, Violet splits her time between Prescott and Cave Creek…enjoying both the ponderosa and desert forests!
Holding high standards of commitment to helping others, Violet has served as a board member of Friends of the Yavapai College Art Gallery and has served as a volunteer for The Faith House, a local women’s shelter.
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation. Only 3% of all Realtors® possess the CRS designation, which is a nationally recognized symbol of residential sales excellence.
- Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) designation. This is an honor achieved through extensive sales, finance, and construction education given by the nation’s top real estate instructors.
- Former Prescott Realtor® of the Year
- Three years as chairman of the Professional Standards Committee for the Prescott Area Association of Realtors®
- Four years as instructor for Prescott Area Association new agent orientation program
- Member of the National Association of Realtors® and the Arizona Association of Realtors. Both are dedicated to the enforcement of ethical standards and practices among its members.
- Recipient of the Arizona Honor Society of Realtors award
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Arizona State University